Monday 13 January 2014

Cinders Review

What Lush says: This is a bath bomb to evoke the feeling of sitting by a crackling fireside, drinking a glass of warm fruit punch. Cinders is designed to bring comfort at Christmas. Lie back, letting the water support your body, and listen to the fire as the smell of fruit punch fills the room.


The week before Christmas I was treated to a bath bomb of my choice from Lush. I was delighted to come across this beautifully coloured bath bomb with a delicious scent. What I hadn't noticed, unfortunately, in the shop, was that it had hints of cinnamon in it. I really don't like cinnamon. Cinnamon challenge, you ruined my life forever. However, it wasn't the spicy smell that turned me off of the bomb that I had been so eagerly anticipating.

Appearance: On Christmas Eve, I threw this bomb into the bath, preparing myself for the popping candy to fizz, and the orange aroma to hit me, and nothing happened. The bomb fell to the bottom of the bath, took 10 minutes to dissolve and nothing spectacular hit me. I didn't even get the crackling sound I was promised, the popping candy fell to the bottom of the bath and was a bit sharp. The water turned a shade of yellow that reminded me of urine. When I woke up on Christmas morning, my mother informed me that it had left an obnoxious yellow ring around the bath.. Oops.  

Scent: I had been worrying about the smell of cinnamon, but there wasn't really any smell accompanying it after it had gone in the bath. I was disappointed because I had loved the orange smell it was giving off before I had popped it in the water.

Effect: This bath bomb didn't leave my skin feeling particularly moisturised, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this Christmas "favourite", but maybe I got the bad one of the bunch.

PS: This photo is from Lush's website, and not one of Órlaith's, as I used the bathbomb before she could take photos of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment